Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Yann Tiersen of a Day.

It is rainy here. It is wet. I have a cup of hot cocoa. I am listening to Yann Tiersen. And I am quite content.

That pretty much sums up the present moment. The one thing I still feel like I'm lacking here at UMD is a good friend. One who truly understands me and I understand them. I still feel like a little wood chip stuck in a huge rock pile. Unable to find any other wood chips. The rocks just think the wood chip is weird.

But I know I just have to be patient. And I know how blessed I am already with my great Creator, with my similarly minded roomate, and with my loving family back home. I should be satisfied fully with this, but I still do just kind of want a college chum. Aw well. Patience is a virtue they say. 


Here is some life-rejoicing Yann Tiersen to let sink into the whirlpools of your ears. 



Completely off-topic, but last night Emma and I made our first successful loaf of freshly baked bread. Oh my it smelled heavenly. A couple girls in the hallway stopped and sniffed the air and asked why it smelled so good. I informed them of the illegal breadbaking going on within our dorm room and they decided to peak in and see the crusty and sweetly fragrant loaf situated on our refrigerator.

We have yet to indulge in this treat, but I am guessing we will dig in tonight.

This is also very random, but I have had a certain craving to watch Fantasia 2000 recently. Such an enjoyable movie... 




I shall now leave you in peace. 
Have a cozy autumn day you whippersnappers.

Love, 

Carla/Flo



No comments:

Post a Comment